We believe the only reason to grow any kind of social media platform is so that you can invite more people onto it. I love this statement. And, it’s why I write about works like Amazima, and today’s feature, Mercy House.
To show what God is doing to build His kingdom through His children and to invite more people to the party. Because following Christ is the best life ever. Even on bad days.
I am humbled and pleased to tell you that today I get to partner with (in)courage to announce a great opportunity to make a difference for the Kingdom of Christ.
Meet Kristen. She writes at We are that Family and is a contributor over at (in)courage. Her family said “Yes” to God’s leading them to fund Mercy House just three years ago. The Mercy House team has a clear cut vision. In short, their desire is to fulfill Micah 6:8 “He has shown you, O man, what is good: And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and love mercy, to walk humbly with your God.”
And, today…we get to help! I am soooooo excited to share this opportunity with you.
Why do you want to help some organization you’ve never heard of?
The issues these women face are huge compared to our American standard of thinking…these are just a few.
- Annually, 21,000 women are hospitalized from having an illegal, unsafe abortion in Kenya. (Center for Reproductive
- Every 30 minutes, a woman is raped in Kenya. (Nairobi Women’s Hospital)
- Mothers often force their daughters into trading sex for food in the slums (CNN)
- More than 20,000 children are sex trafficked in Kenya (Human Trafficking)
- 1500 women die in childbirth every day across Africa (WHO)
How does Mercy House help? Here are just a few ways…
- Provide a safe place-a guarded home with 12 maternity beds
- Partner with local churches
- Prenatal Care- checkups, medical assistance for healthy deliveries
- Proper Nutrition-protein and regular healthy meals
- Counseling-post abortion/prostitution, rape recovery
- Ministry-prayer, Biblical teaching, regular devotions
- Education-help catch girls up in school thru 8th grade, then continue on to high school, or vocational tract
- Livelihood Skills-cooking, jewelry-making, art, sewing, etc
Phase one kicks off today. Head over here to see all the different phases to the project and find out how you can be a part of what God is doing in Kenya. We’ve made it easy for you to donate here too. Click the link below or look to the right and click on the Mercy House widget to make a big difference in showing that hope comes through Christ and no one is forgotten in His book.
October 7th, Rockin’ What Ya Got, The Nester and 34 other bloggers will launch Phase 2 of (in)mercy. You DON’T want to miss it. Hope to see you then!